We want to assure our patients that the clinical treatment areas are being handled with exactly the same sterilization techniques that have always been in place. All instruments are steam autoclaved and the autoclaves are tested each week. All surfaces in the dental treatment rooms are disinfected according to CDC guidelines. We are now using an improved surface disinfectant that will kill viruses in 30 seconds and have installed HEPA air purifiers in each treatment room. Areas in the treatment rooms that are touched during dental procedures are additionally wrapped with barrier protection that is discarded and renewed between patients.
We have instituted additional Covid-19 measures.
1) We have removed all magazines and brochures from the waiting room and reduced seating capacity in the waiting area.
2) Patients are being asked to wait in their car and brought to the treatment rooms upon arrival.
3) We have installed HEPA air purifiers with UV-C sterilization between each patient chair.
4) Negative pressure rooms have been retro-fitted into our operatories for quick aerosol filtration.
5) All waiting area surfaces (including chair arm rests) are disinfected between after each patient use.
6) Sneeze guards/shields have been placed on the front desk reception area.
7) An ADS Extra-oral aerosol terminator have been placed in the operatories to aid in aerosol reduction. The link for this device is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbLFo0G3AY
We will not allow any employee or patient to present to the office with any signs of illness. We are specifically concerned with fever, cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath. All of our staff are monitored daily with a temporal thermometer and we’re requesting the same from all our patients as they enter the office.
Please feel free to call the office with any questions or concerns.